Monday 25 February 2008

My Week off Work

I have just had a week of work so you will all be expecting to hear that I have done loads of work in the garden but the truth is I have hardly done anything.
The problem has been that the skip company did not pick up the skip on Friday 15th or Sat, Mon, Tues, Wed, Thurs, Fri and Saturday, even though they promised to pick up on all these days. So I have not been able to do anything until today when they actually did manage to change the skip.
So what did I do on my Hols
Sun, cleared the garden and garage of all the rubbish trees etc
Mon, Worked @ Work
Tues, Nothing, waited around for skip company
Wed, Went to Stratford
Thurs, Spend whole day at Stratford
Fri, Came back from Stratford
Sat, Went to Catherine's (Christine's sister's)and helped Chris fit her kitchen (still got loads to do there)
Sun, pulled out the Kango Christine had picked up from SPEEDY hire to start breaking up the concrete and it never worked!!! So I decided to buy a cheap version from Screwfix so I could get started. Then it began to rain!!

So up until Sunday I had done nothing!!! (gutted)
However, Today I was off work as I worked last Monday and things actually started to happen. Skip has been changed over (at last) and I have broken up all the concrete and skipped 1/3 of it so getting there.

I also had a phone call from the planning officer who is coming to do a site visit tomorrow so things are moving in the correct direction.

Will try and get some pictures added soon.

Garry

2 comments:

annettebill said...

Billy says if your filling skips you must be losing pounds and its not costing you a penny, thats positive.

You sound very busy.

annettebill said...

Are the founds required to be re-enforced? Are you pouring the founds?
Where are you parking your van?