Sunday 20 January 2008

The start of our extension

We are slowly getting there. The plans have been drawn up and sent to the planning department, all structural calculations have been completed and the house valued for the mortgage company so now I want to start the great demolition project!!

Christine would not allow me to do this until I have a shed to store all the rubbish from the garage (the car has not been in for about 1 yr).

The hut was ordered (screwfix direct) best value and delivery was free and very quick. I put the shed up over the week it took longer than I would have liked due to the rain. The rear of the garden is like a bog but it is now a bog with a shed.

We emptied the garage today with the help of Christine's Mum and Dad and completely filled the shed and front garden.

Hopefully if I can get a skip in then we can begin knocking down the lean too and garage.



The garage rather full
Christine, Margaret and Chris
The front Garden (Sorry light began to go).

Will follow on when the skip arrives and once I have begun knocking things down!!

4 comments:

annettebill said...

Fantastic, so looking forward to following your progress. The demolition will be fun! ENJOY.

Nana said...

Christine's wee hammer will come in handy so tell her to put her boilersuit on.

Unknown said...

How is the progress going? This is very interesting, i love doing projects like this, i've just bought a jigsaw from screwfix direct and i've jsut had to kind of throw together a staircase for my mother in law. I love seeing how others apply themselves to these kind of projects and the inevitable problems that will arise.

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

hey garry and christine, looking really good,
martin mum jo martha x