Tuesday 29 January 2008

Now the Garage

Is anything safe when I have a day off!!

I have had a really busy day with the house, I first noticed that the plan the architect has sent to the planning department has two errors on it. The porch is shown on the floorplan, but not on the elevation. Also we wanted french doors on the rear of the house, again this is shown on the floorplan but not the elevation. This is going to hold us back a couple of weeks as the architect will have to re do the plans what a pain!!!

Anyway in answer to the above question is anything safe when I have a day off??

What do you think? Today I took the roof of the garage, however as it is asbestos I had to be very careful and soak the roof to ensure no asbestos particles got into the air. I was also in all my protective gear, mask, gloves, disposable outfit. This is not was not a pretty sight. I have arranged for the council to pick up the asbestos sheets. They are all stored outside in the back garden wrapped in 1000 gauge plastic sheeting and taped up. (the sheets are the same as used on a concrete floor as a DPC). It is £60 for collection and £35 for the tape and sheeting so taking the roof down which would normally be an easy job cost £100 and a day's work.

All I seem to be doing is paying to throw things away, oh the fun!!!

That's all for now folks, my next day off is Sat & Sun so hopefully we can knock the garage down. We will leave the front with the door on so that from the front it looks like nothing has been done before the planning is (fingers crossed) passed.

That's all for now.

Garry and Christine


The garage with no roof.

1 comment:

annettebill said...

Keep having problems writing on your blogg:-(
Great to see you getting on so well.
I would have loved a photograph of you in all the gear. You would have looked a bit scary.
A bit of a nuisance about the plans, you will be dying to get them passed.
Its sounds like your days of are very busy